Lisa Marie Shepherd
Lisa was born in Watson Lake. She is from the Wolf Clan. Lisa is the fourth child in a family of six children.
Lisa is a mom to a beautiful 20 month old son. She graduated in 2007 from Watson Lake Secondary School.
Lisa’s goal is to go onto further education and go into counseling. She hopes to work in the community.
Lisa enjoys spending time with her son, hanging out with the family and picking berries.
This is what Lisa would like to see for Community Health and Wellness:
- Change the ways the remaining elders are treated
- Take them out of the community more
- Help them to get more involved with others for the interaction
- Change the ways to deal with drugs and alcohol, have people listen to their stories and struggles
- Get people out there talking to them
- Lisa went to the Downtown Eastside in Vancouver and this totally changed her perspective
- Before that trip, Lisa thought that “drinking was cool,” she no longer thinks like this, it was a wake-up call!